Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What COLOR!?!?!?!


Ok Peeps, I am at the point where I have to decide on a stain color. Thank you to everyone that gave me their suggestion. I just keep going back and forth. This is a little diagram I whipped up in paint to help make my final decision. The paint is similar to this green/cream family but it will be textured with the help of my AMAZING cousin Andrea. I think she is thinking about doing it professionally so you should book her while you still can. The cream border represents the back splash. The floor tile is in the center of the 4 cupboard colors I am trying to choose from. (From top, then clockwise,) Cherry, Dark, Medium, Light. A LOT of you said dark. Do you think this will make my kitchen too dark? Something in the middle might just blend with the tile and make a big orangy kitchen. This has been so much fun but deciding is giving me anxiety.

Last chance to give me your opinion! Thanksssssssss!

P.S. I'm not going to pick a countertop until the end so I can make sure it fits everything else. Plus, its really the only think that will cost money so I need to save up.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Hey Trish-that's so fun that you get to remodel your kitchen! I think my favorite cabinet is the darkest one. I think it picks up the darker coloring in your tiles and looks great with the green and cream. And I just love dark cabinets. I never thought I'd like lighter wood as much, but that's actually what we have in our kitchen and it doesn't bother me. We have the lighter wood with black appliances and blackish speckled countertops, so I think the colors balance themselves out. Good luck with the decisions!

Katy and Mike said...

Dark, totally! Love everything! Can't wait to see it finished (hopefully in real life)!

Carly said...

okay I am also for the Dark. I think it will look really nice with the flooring you have. Hey I now have unlimited texting you ca text me anytime.