Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ireland Updates

Individual Ireland updates today:

Ben

Ben is doing great. He is a super father, husband, and friend. Thanks to his most important employer; Officeconnect.net, he was hired on by a partner company and has recently been promoted. I sure am proud of him. I asked him to write a little update for himself and he sent me this: I don't care to have people know about me.

Trish


I'm great. Happier then I have been in awhile. I LOVE not working. I have the coolest kids. I am taking 2 classes this semester to get my Web Design certificate and I am LOVING it. I am really excited to start putting my skills to use. It feels like EVERY blog I read has someone saying, "I just ran a 5K," or "I'm training for my 5K." It feels like the whole world is running except for me! I have a goal to start running and biking again. If I say it out loud maybe it will happen. I'm finally starting to redecorate my house. (THANK YOU ANDREA!) I'll blog more about that when I'm further along. I do however need your help finding me any dishes that belong to this set:

I have 11 dishes so far and they look great but I don't have any in the red pattern and only a few of the green so if you are in a DI or Salvation Army or WHEREVER, please keep your eye out for this pattern. It is Sakura Tapas. Any of the color (green, red, orange, yellow) would be great. Thanks

Lucas


This kid is a delight. He is so funny and creative. He can entertain himself for hours which I didn't realize was such a blessing until Andrea came down and told me how a lot of kids are not like that. He is definitely a creative personality like his dad and ONLY does things when he is good and ready. Like potty training for instance. All attempts before he was ready were a waste of time. He is now taking and interest in it and goes to the potty by himself. He's not perfect yet but within a few days he has just decided he's going to start doing it. He loves juice, Ritz & Cheese (ha ha, Ben can't stand that we eat cheese in a can!) and Blue's Clues. He hasn't completely abandoned Spongebob but he is branching out.




Amy




The sponge. She is amazing. My two children have been very different as far as when they did things. I remember Lucas just hanging out on the floor with no desire to move forever. Amy on the other hand has been trying to figure everything out right away. She has been scoot crawling since before she was 6 months and now that she is 7 months today she is a speedy little crawler, climber, and is trying to conquer walking. She LOVES her brother and the sound her diaper makes when she scratches at it. Especially the Velcro things that hold it on. She gets so overjoyed to eat that we can barely get the food in her mouth. She also still loves sucking her toes and has a strange fascination with laptops.




Quick funny story: I took her in for her 6month checkup and I was signing in and the lady looks up at me and says, "Uh uh, no way." I was a little confused and then she says, "She is too cute. (Pretty good for a pediatrician's office.) Oh my gosh, is she always this sweet?" So anyway, I have new insurance with Ben's job so I had to check back at the end of the appointment to see if I had a copay. I headed back over to the desk and there was a few ladies in line with their kids. I got in the back of the line and pretty soon she spots me and shouts over all the other ladies with their babies and says, "Uh uh, NO, no copay. I told them she was too cute." I instantly felt the eyes of everyone around me go to the little bundle of cuteness in my arms. I gave an embarrassed thank you smile and turned to go. Boy, I think kid compliments are more fulfilling then personal compliments.





One last shot of the two newest best friends. I think the moment you actually see your kids start playing together is a whole new level of parenting. It is so heartwarming. We are so blessed.

9 comments:

Katy and Mike said...

OMG your family is so cute I can't even stand it!! I know this sounds silly, but it's so interesting that she just looks like a girl! Even though she doesn't have a whole lotta hair, it's just really obvious that Amy is a little girl! She's so dang cute! Sammy is the same way with moving around. He was scootin around 6 months and full on crawling around 7, and now he's standing up all by himself without holding on to anything at 8 months. They are definitely made for each other. You go girl on the running/biking! When you move back here we'll do a race together! You'll most likely beat me even if you don't train, but it's okay, I can take it! And yes, the car was not moving. I am not Brittany!

Lewis Family said...

Very cute!

Jay and Heath said...

I'm thinking our little girlies would be great friends. You describing Amy, is much like my Gwen. I just wished we lived close enough for them to play :( someday.. someday they'll play. Miss ya, Heather

The Oylers said...

Oh my goodness. Lucas is still cute as ever and that little Amy is so adorable. She really is. I can't believe how big they have gotten. Oh I need to see you guys. Super cute pics and I am so glad that things are going to well for you all. We miss you lots and look forward to the day we get to hang out again. Love you lots.

Susie said...

I am proud of you:)

Julie said...

I have thought Amy was WAY Cute from the get go. Some kids are cute, some are not and a few are Super cute! Amy is super cute and big brother Lucas better get ready to protect her!

Lars said...

thanks so much for the advice Trish! it seriously was so scary andd i have no idea what normal is. good to know i'm not the only one it happened to. Your little girl is so cute-i'm not surprised everyone else thinks so too!

Cary said...

Hey Trish! Good to hear from you! Keven and I were just reading through the comments on our blog and saw yours. Keven began stating very loudly that you can have our Hannah, but you CANNOT give her back once you have lived with her!! She is a definite wild girl!!

Cary said...

P.S. Super cute family you have!