Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Moments of 2009

Goodbye 2009, Welcome 2010. I sit here watching An Affair to Remember with my mom while my husband tries to light himself with fireworks back in Texas. It will be 2010 for him before I finish this entry. I have another hour and 4 minutes to go. Holidays and work have caused us to ring in the new year separately this year. I miss him dearly. Lucas and Amy almost made it but they have both tuckered out and I find myself longing to join them. Quiet, warm, and loved is a great way to start a new decade.
New Years Resolutions:

1. Move more.
2. Goodbye Mt. Dew.
3. Learn to sew.
4. Learn Spanish.
5. Live Greener and more organically.

However, it feels wrong not to stay up and bang a pot. Funny how beating up an old pan somehow qualifies as "doing something" to bring in the new year. Hmmmm, better go get my kettle ready.

4 comments:

Jay and Heath said...

Wow! You're 5 year resolutions are what I want mine to be (but good bye coke). Sadly, I know myself, thats why I need to only pick one of those :) Happy new year Trish!!!

The Oylers said...

Good resolutions and look the same as some of mine. Wish I still lived near by and we could take a sewing class together. So when do you head back to Texas?

Ireland Fam said...

Heather- Which one will you pick?

Hannah- The 13th, What has become of your Texas house?

Lars said...

Trish. You need to blog again. Lars